Friday, February 13, 2015

Who's The Boss - Episode 5

We are back with an exciting new episode of Who's The Boss...if you are new to the series check out previous episodes Here!



Micheal looked at her for the umpteenth time. What guts does she have to Withhold vital information from him.
" Judith I will advice that you tell me what you did to the chief accountant to warrant such talks, that man rarely gets angry. He is one of the best men in this company and trust me he is too nice to pull off that threat. I can take anything including having your fiance embarrass me but I will not have you with hold any information that concerns my company." He said with seriousness.
She wanted to apologize on behalf of her fiance but then she was really angry that he had been blinded to the truth. He trusts the man too much so it is difficult to air her thought without proves.
" I am sorry sir, there is nothing to tell for now. If you don't mind, please may I take my leave now?"
Micheal had had enough of this incessant behavior, he was still the boss and he demands respect but then seeing her face with a mixture of fear and confidence, how can the two co- exist? Well only Judith is capable of such. She keeps daring him but he feels too weak to deal with her like he would do to any other staff, well that's the point she is different.
Her phone rang and the look on her face tells him something is wrong. He did not want to poke nose into her private life but he is interested.
"Why don't you pick your call?"
She looked at him amazed. "Well, its not important, I will call him when I leave here." She said.
"Him right? I am guessing its your fiance, you should... I am sorry sir, can we not discuss my private life in a work environment?"
She said cutting him shut.
" Woman, I have had enough of this, I can say whatever I like whenever I want to, I pay the bills so I call the shots here do you understand? You stand here and you disrespect me by keeping back useful information. I know you are smart but don't make a fool of me. I know something is wrong, I am under a lot of pressure and the last thing I need is to have a woman feeling like the world rotates around her. For the last time I ask you, is there something I need to know that you are not telling me?" He said panting heavily like someone in a marathon race. He knew he was too harsh but he needed to know the truth, his father expects a lot from him and he would not disappoint the man that has invested so much in him.
Judith swallowed hard, she felt like crying. First it was the chief accountant threatening her and now Micheal, can this day be any better? she really wants him to know but it's obvious he would not belief a word she says and now he is mad at her. Lord help me today. She prayed in her heart biting her lower lips to stop it from quivering. She batted her eyelids several times, she would not cry in front of him.
"I-i am sorry sir, but... Well...there is something wrong like you said but I do not have facts to prove my suspicion and saying anything now will be the half truth. I know you are mad at me but I will rather get sacked than let harm come to this company. All I ask for is more time and please watch your back, not everyone you call friend is a friend indeed."
"What do you mean by that? Judith I do not have time to waste. If you have something to say just say it."
" But I can't, can't you see? I am still confused and you are making this very difficult for me, I am trying to do my job but its so hard and- and...I beg to take my leave now please." She said defeated and wiped her tears before it drops and she turned to leave.
Micheal didn't know what to make of the scene but his ever confident staff has tears in her eyes and well he was the cause of it. She is just too proud, what's so terrible that she can't say? He felt guilty and though he would enjoy making her respect him as a boss, he still needed her as a friend. Why can't I just let her go huh!
"Judith please wait." He said softly
"Huh!" She stopped abruptly.
He walked past her and stood in front of her, she looked sideways still trying to stop the tears.
Micheal wiped his face with his palm and gently massaged his eyes. He too was tired, but he will feel bad knowing he hurt her.
"Judith I - I am sorry okay. It is just painful that you think I will not be able to handle the information. I also want to do my job but you are not making it easy. I did not mean to shout at you or be mean to you. I know I have temper issues and I am working on it but please can we discuss this as friends, I know you love this company as much as I do, at least that is something we have in common. I know you need time but please can you tell me what you know, trust me nothing surprises me anymore and also I like you more when your face is dry, don't let people think I am a monster when they see your tears." He took his handkerchief and dabbed her face gently, she quickly collected it and mumbled a silent thanks, she felt heat coming to her cheek,
"I think the Chief accountant has some illegal transactions going on, that's why the accounts are incorrect." She said gently.

"What!"

Thanks for reading see you next week Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment